Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Lions of Jerusalem

Declaration of Intent “The Lions of Jerusalem”



My love for the city of Jerusalem is undeniable and when I had to shoot another film in the Holy City I jumped at the opportunity. The entire series “Landscapes of the Holy Land” is a journey in four cities, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Rishon Lezion and Haifa. Spontaneous trips on different occasions and when I wanted to I just whipped out the only camera I had, a cellphone camera, and started filming. I wrote the script for “The Lions of Jerusalem” on the way back from filming in a notebook I happened to have on me. The project depicts the peripheries – the city of Jerusalem – in a different way. It is a travel diary in the city. A diary in the memory of the filmmaker from her years of studies at Bezalel and yes, a wandering with a purpose among the beautiful landscapes of Jerusalem with a cinematic reference via the expression and the manner in which the film was made. A very simple manner – with a cellphone camera. My love for cinema stems from my high school years when I traveled to Tel Aviv to watch movies until the years I studied in Jerusalem and walked to the Jerusalem Cinematheque from Rechavia. This love led me to the making of the “Landscapes of the Holy Land” series in view of portraying the various parts of the country that are unknown to viewers in a poetic and different way and incorporate the animation of other filmmakers. The objective was that they enjoy Jerusalem and Israel as I do on my many trips.

                                                                            The password is:22222222
Lion of Jerusalem


Lions


Me (Ronit Zerony)

No comments:

Post a Comment